Black Ceiling Lights
- 9% OffSpecial Price £138.00 Regular Price £153.00
- 4% OffSpecial Price £243.00 Regular Price £255.00
- 20% OffSpecial Price £13.99 Regular Price £17.49
- 55% OffSpecial Price £33.07 Regular Price £73.49
As sure as the little black dress will never go out of fashion, black ceiling lights will forever be a chic style choice for your home – whichever room that you are choosing accessories for. Whether you’re looking for an intricately detailed ceiling light to take centre stage in your living room, an industrial style pendant light for above your kitchen island, or a sleek, functional design for your bathroom, there are black ceiling lights to suit every style, and room in the home.
What décor styles do black ceiling lights suit?
Black is perfectly suited to industrial style lighting, and there are a range of pendant styles and ceiling lamps that are inspired by the industrial trend – often with the bulb exposed as a feature of the lighting fixture. If you enjoy the Scandinavian style, there are black ceiling lights that also feature pine wood and white elements for contrast, and if minimalist is your preferred lighting style, there are some great flush ceiling lights with black elements in our range too.
What shapes and styles are black ceiling lights?
LED bulbs mean that there are now some incredibly modern black ceiling lights in sleek, flush styles – wave designs, circles, and squares feature too. For more traditional, classic styles of black ceiling lights, we have Tiffany ceiling lights, floral inspired designs, as well as retro and vintage styles that look great with the cottage and farmhouse chic trend in our range.
What other colours do black ceiling have?
Although you might assume that black ceiling lighting might not feel as bright as other lights, many black ceiling light designs incorporate brighter colours to help reflect the light from the bulb. Black works incredibly well together with different types of metals – gold, nickel, and silver are all popular.
What materials are black ceiling lights made from?
Even though black ceiling lighting primarily features black, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t other textures to consider. Not only are there different finishes on metals and plastics, but there are also different types of black fabric ceiling lights, acrylics, and wiring to choose from, all offering a completely different look.
Which rooms can black ceiling lights be used in?
Black ceiling lights can be used in a variety of rooms throughout the home, depending on the style and design of the fixture and the overall aesthetic of the room. Here are some examples of rooms where black ceiling lights can work well:
- Black ceiling lights can be used to create a stylish contemporary look in a living room. A black chandelier light can provide a dramatic focal point, while a black flush mount or semi-flush mount light can provide ambient lighting.
- Black ceiling lights can look elegant and sophisticated in a dining room. A matte black pendant light can be luxurious above a dining table, while a black flush mount or semi-flush mount light can provide functional lighting without any fussy detail.
- Black ceiling lights can create a cosy and relaxing atmosphere in a bedroom. A black pendant light or chandelier can provide a glamorous focal point, while black flush mount or semi-flush mount lights can provide soft, ambient lighting.
- Black ceiling lights can provide a sleek and modern look in a bathroom. Black ceiling lights are contrasting to the all-white everything of many bathrooms, so they are eye-catching.
- Black ceiling lights can provide a modern and industrial look in a kitchen. As in dining rooms, a black pendant light or chandelier can provide a stylish focal point over a kitchen island or dining table, while black flush mount or semi-flush mount lights can provide functional lighting.
Black ceiling lights really can be used in a variety of rooms throughout the home, depending on the style and design of the fixture, and the overall aesthetic of the space. By carefully choosing the right fixture and placement, black ceiling lights can add a stylish and modern touch to any room.
What types of black ceiling lights are available?
There are many types of black ceiling lights available, each with its own unique style and design. Here are some examples of the different types of black ceiling lights that you might consider for your space:
- Flush mount lights are ceiling lights that are mounted flush against the ceiling, providing a clean and streamlined look. Black flush mount lights can range from simple and modern to ornate and decorative.
- Semi-flush mount lights are similar to flush mount lights, but they hang down slightly from the ceiling, creating a more dramatic look. Black semi-flush mount lights can be used to add elegance and sophistication to a room.
- Pendant lights are hanging lights that are suspended from the ceiling by a cord or chain. Black pendant lights are eye catching in a room, and are available in a wide range of styles, from minimalist to ornate.
- Chandeliers are ceiling lights that are designed to be the centrepiece of a room, typically featuring multiple arms and lights. Black chandeliers can bring serious drama and gothic glamour to a space, and are available in many different styles, from classic to contemporary.
- Track lights are ceiling lights that are mounted on a track, allowing you to adjust the direction and focus of the light. Black track lights can be used to provide targeted lighting in a room, such as over a kitchen counter or artwork.
- Recessed lights are ceiling lights that are installed into the ceiling, providing a low-profile look. Black recessed lights can be used to provide general or task lighting in a room, with a bit more detail than a white or silver version.
There are many types of black ceiling lights available, each with its own unique style and design. Whether you’re looking for a simple and modern flush mount light or an ornate and dramatic chandelier, you’re sure to find a black ceiling light that fits your style and needs.
Can I use LED bulbs with black ceiling lights?
Yes, you can absolutely use LED bulbs with black ceiling lights. In fact, LED bulbs are a popular choice for ceiling lights due to their energy efficiency and long lifespan, as well as their environmental benefits.
When choosing LED bulbs for your black ceiling lights, it’s important to consider the type of fixture and the desired level of brightness. LED bulbs come in different colour temperatures, which can range from warm white (2700K) to cool white (5000K). Warm white bulbs can create a cosy and inviting atmosphere, while cool white bulbs can provide a brighter and more energising light.
In addition to colour temperature, you’ll also want to consider the brightness of the LED bulbs. The brightness of LED bulbs is measured in lumens, and the number of lumens you need will depend on the size of the room and the desired level of lighting. In general, aim for around 10-20 lumens per square foot of space.
When selecting LED bulbs for your black ceiling lights, make sure to choose bulbs that are compatible with your fixtures and are rated for use in damp or wet locations, if need be. LED bulbs are available in many different shapes and sizes, so be sure to choose the right size and shape for your fixture.
Can black ceiling lights be used in combination with other colours in a room’s decor?
Yes, black ceiling lights can be used in combination with other colours in a room’s décor, and black is a versatile colour that can work well with a wide range of colours and design styles.
When combining black ceiling lights with other colours, it’s important to consider the overall colour palette of the room. Black can be used as a neutral colour that pairs well with other neutrals, such as white, grey, and beige. It can also be used to add contrast to brighter or bolder colours, such as red, blue, or yellow – but be cautious if you’re decorating with pastels.
In addition to considering the overall colour palette, it’s important to consider the placement of the black ceiling lights and how they will interact with other colours in the room. For example, black ceiling lights can be used to create a focal point in a room by pairing them with lighter or brighter colours on the walls or furnishings.
Another way to use black ceiling lights in combination with other colours is to choose fixtures with coloured accents or shades. For example, a black ceiling light with a red or green shade can add a pop of colour to a room and create a cohesive look with other coloured accents in the space.
How do I create a cohesive look with black ceiling lights and other fixtures in a room?
Creating a cohesive look with black ceiling lights and other fixtures in a room can be achieved by following a few simple guidelines:
- When selecting black ceiling lights and other fixtures, consider the overall design style of the room. If you have a modern or contemporary design style, choose fixtures with clean lines and simple shapes. If the room has a more traditional or classic design style, choose fixtures with ornate details and curved shapes.
- Black ceiling lights can be paired with a variety of colours, but it’s important to choose complementary colours to create a cohesive look. Neutral colours such as white, grey, and beige work well with black ceiling lights, as do jewel tones such as emerald green or sapphire blue.
- Matching the finish of the black ceiling lights and other fixtures, such as door handles or cabinet knobs, can create a cohesive look. For example, if your black ceiling lights have a matte finish, choose fixtures with a similar matte finish.
- When selecting black ceiling lights and other fixtures, pay attention to the scale of the pieces. Make sure that the fixtures are proportional to the size of the room and to each other. For example, a large chandelier may overpower a small room, while a small pendant light may not provide enough light for a large room.
- The placement of black ceiling lights and other fixtures can also impact the overall look of the room. Consider the flow of the space and the areas that need the most brightness when selecting the placement of the fixtures.
By following these guidelines, you can create a cohesive look with black ceiling lights and other fixtures in a room. Paying attention to the overall design style, colour palette, finish, scale, and placement can help you create a well-coordinated and visually appealing space.
Can I use a dimmer switch with black ceiling lights?
Yes, you can use a dimmer switch with black ceiling lights, as long as the light fixture is compatible with dimmer switches. However, if you’re looking for a more modern and convenient option, smart lighting is a great alternative. Smart lighting allows you to control your lights using a mobile app or voice commands through a virtual assistant, such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
Smart lighting systems can be used with black ceiling lights and offer several benefits, such as the ability to customise the lighting based on your preferences, schedule, or mood. For example, you can use smart lighting to create a relaxing atmosphere in the evening or to provide bright light for energising you in the morning.
When choosing a smart lighting system for your black ceiling lights, it’s important to make sure that the system is compatible with the light fixture and any other components in the electrical system. Some smart lighting systems may require additional hardware or devices, such as a hub or bridge, to work with certain types of light fixtures.
In addition, it’s important to choose a smart lighting system that does all the things you want it to. Some systems offer basic control features, while others provide advanced features such as colour temperature control, scheduling, and automation.
Are black ceiling lights more expensive than other colours?
The cost of black ceiling lights can vary depending on several factors, such as the brand, style, size, and materials used to make the fixture. In general, black ceiling lights are not necessarily more expensive than other colours. However, some high-end designer brands may charge a premium for black fixtures or finishes.
It’s important to note that the cost of a ceiling light is not always an indicator of its quality or performance. Factors such as the type of bulb used, the overall design and construction of the fixture, inbuilt technology, and the warranty or guarantee provided by the manufacturer can also impact the price.
When choosing a black ceiling light, consider your budget as well as the quality and performance of the fixture. Look for fixtures that are made with high-quality materials, have a suitable IP rating for the room in which they will be installed, and are compatible with your existing electrical system.
Our final thoughts
Whatever size of room you’re looking for a black ceiling light for, with hundreds of styles in our range, we’re certain to have a size and style to suit. If you’re searching for a black ceiling light for your bathroom or outdoors, be certain to check the safety rating before you buy, to ensure that your light fitting will withstand moisture and accidental splashes. For living rooms, dining rooms and bedrooms that need dimmable bulbs, use our filter to find the styles that have that functionality, and if you need to be able to control the colour of your lighting, look for styles that feature both dimmable and remote control.
At Lighting Direct, we understand that sometimes you change your mind or receive a product that doesn’t quite fit your needs. That’s why we offer a Change Your Mind Guarantee, which allows customers to arrange an exchange or refund within 30 days of delivery. Simply contact our customer service team to initiate the process and we’ll take care of the rest. We want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchase, and our Change Your Mind Guarantee is just one way we strive to make shopping with Lighting Direct a stress-free experience.