LED Bollard Lights & LED Pathway Lights
- 10% OffSpecial Price £51.29 Regular Price £56.99
- 31% OffSpecial Price £92.79 Regular Price £135.00
The space around the outside of your home is important to keep feeling safe, and looking good, and LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights are an excellent choice for providing reliable and stylish outdoor lighting. Whether you need to brighten up a dark path, make your driveway easier to navigate, or make your property feel that bit more secure, LED bollard and pathway lights be the answer. In this post, we’re going to explore the benefits of LED bollard and pathway lights, the different styles and features available, and how to choose the right lighting solution for your outdoor space.
What are LED bollard lights?
LED bollard lights are outdoor lighting fixtures that tend to be used along pathways, walkways, and other outdoor areas to light up the area, and to enhance the safety and security of the space. Bollard lights are named for the short posts, or bollards, that they resemble, and are usually a cylindrical or rectangular shape.
LED bollard lights are particularly popular because they use energy-efficient LED technology, which needs only a small amount of electricity to provide a lot of brightness, and can last for many years without needing to be replaced. They are available in a range of styles, designs, and sizes, and are practical, so can be used in plenty of locations around the outside of your home.
In addition to their practical benefits, LED bollard lights can also be a sophisticated addition to your outdoor decor. They are available in a range of materials, including metal, wood, and glass, and despite their similar shapes, there are a surprising number of designs available. By browsing our range, you’ll find that LED bollard lights are a versatile and functional outdoor lighting option that can provide the practical brightness you need around the outside of your home, in a stylish way.
Why use LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights around the outside of your home?
LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights are an excellent choice for providing safe, reliable, and stylish outdoor lighting around your home. Here are some key benefits of using LED bollard and pathway lights:
- They can help to enhance the safety of your surroundings. The extra brightness that LED bollard and pathway lights provide can help to prevent accidents and injuries by illuminating walkways, steps, and other potentially hazardous areas around your home.
- They can help to improve the security around the outside of your home. By lighting the edges of your property, you can help to deter potential intruders. They won’t stop a determined intruder, but they’ll certainly put off chancers from having a go.
- They make your property look great! LED bollard and pathway lights can enhance the look of your home, providing a warm and inviting welcome for your guests. If you’re thinking about selling your property, adding lights around the outside of your home can help it to appeal to buyers.
- They are incredibly energy-efficient. LEDs are highly energy-efficient, using a fraction of the energy of traditional incandescent bulbs. LED bollard and pathway lights don’t need much energy, and some are even solar powered, offering significant cost savings on your energy bill over time.
- They are long-lasting and durable. LEDs have a much longer lifespan than traditional bulbs, reducing the need for frequent bulb replacements and maintenance, and their design means they can withstand harsh weather.
By using LED bollard and pathway lights around the outside of your home, you’ll be enhancing the safety, security, and beauty of your outdoor space, without huge increases on your energy bills.
How do you get power to LED bollard lights?
Outdoor lighting used to be tricky – it was mains power or nothing – but today, there have been huge strides made in the technology to make it easy. There are three main ways that LED bollard lights are powered, and they depend on your specific needs and preferences. Let’s take a look:
- Solar powered LED bollard lights are a popular choice for those who want to save energy and reduce their carbon footprint. Solar lights have solar panels that collect energy from the sun during the day and store it in rechargeable batteries. This stored energy is then used to power the lights at night, providing illumination without the need for external power sources. The environment isn’t the only benefit though – solar powered outdoor lights are the easiest ones to install, and they have absolutely no running costs. Perfect for keeping costs low, for rented homes where permanent changes aren’t allowed, and for spots where access to outside power is difficult.
- Low voltage LED bollard lights are another popular option for outdoor lighting. These lights are typically powered by a transformer that steps down the voltage from your home’s mains power to a lower voltage (usually 12V or 24V) that is safe for outdoor use. This can be a convenient and cost-effective option, as low voltage lighting uses less electricity than traditional mains-powered lighting. They don’t need mains wiring though – they simply plug into an outdoor socket.
- Mains powered LED bollard lights are powered by your home’s mains electricity, and typically require professional installation. This can be a good option for those who want a reliable and consistent source of outdoor lighting, but may be less energy-efficient than solar or low voltage options. You’ll also need a qualified electrician to complete installation.
Ultimately, the choice of how to power your LED bollard lights is up to you, and your specific needs and preferences. Whatever option you choose, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully, and if you’re installing a mains powered light, consult a professional electrician to ensure your light is installed safely.
Do you need to worry about the safety rating for LED bollard lights?
Yes, it is important to consider the safety rating of LED bollard lights, because they’re going to be installed outdoors. The safety rating is usually expressed as an IP (Ingress Protection) rating, which indicates the degree of protection the fixture provides against dust and water. A minimum IP rating of 44 (IP44) is recommended to ensure that the fixture is water-resistant and can withstand exposure to the elements. In more exposed or harsh environments, such as coastal areas or areas with high levels of precipitation, a higher IP rating may be required to provide additional protection against the weather.
Where should LED bollard lights be fitted?
It is your home – and you will know where you need the brightness, so you can fit LED bollard lights where you think best. Typical locations where LED bollard lights can be used effectively include:
- Pathways and walkways: Installing LED bollard lights along pathways and walkways lights up the space, improving visibility for pedestrians, helping to prevent slips, trips, and falls. They help to define the path, making it easier for you to enter your home.
- Driveways and parking areas: LED bollard lights can be installed in strategic places on driveways and in parking areas to make it easier to see when you’re parking, and when you’re getting in and out of your vehicle.
- Outdoor living areas: LED bollard lights can be used to enhance the ambiance of your outdoor living areas, such as patios, decks, or ponds. They can provide soft, ambient lighting that can help to avoid any accidents in the area.
The right placement of LED bollard lights will depend on the area that you need to light, and the way your property is laid out. As with all types of lighting, you’ll want to consider the overall lighting design, as well as ensuring that the placement of the lights is both functional and visually appealing.
Which other styles of LED pathway lights are there?
There are several styles of LED pathway lights that can be used to provide the brightness you need for your outdoor spaces. A few types of LED pathway lights that our customers love include:
- Solar-powered stake lights: Solar-powered stake lights are a popular choice for pathway lighting as they are easy to install and require no wiring. The light is mounted on a stake that is simply inserted into the ground, and they use a solar panel to collect energy from the sun during the day and store it in rechargeable batteries.
- Post lights: Post lights are a taller type of pathway lights, and like stake lights, they are typically mounted on a post that can range in height from a few feet to several feet tall. They can be used for a more dramatic lighting effect, and are great for lining driveways or walkways.
- Recessed lights: Recessed lights are installed directly into the surface of the pathway or decking, creating a seamless and modern look. They are often used in contemporary or minimalist outdoor designs, and can be used throughout your garden.
- Hanging lights: If you need a bit more ambient light, hanging lights such as festoons can be installed above a pathway or walkway, to create a soft glow. They are often used in outdoor living areas, and they can create an intimate, relaxed atmosphere, or to brighten up garden parties.
- Low voltage pathway lights: Low voltage pathway lights are similar to LED bollard lights in that they use a transformer to reduce the voltage of your home’s mains electricity to a safe level for outdoor use. They can be a good option for those who want a reliable and consistent source of outdoor lighting. There are several different types of low voltage lights that can be incorporated into your pathway lighting, and you can browse our range here.
There are plenty of different styles of LED pathway lights to choose from, each with their own unique features and benefits. You’ll need to think about what you need from your outdoor lighting, and the design of your property, so that you can find the perfect pathway lights to make your outdoor spaces look great.
What materials are LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights made from?
LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights can be made from a variety of materials, depending on the style and intended use of the fixture. Some of the most commonly used materials for LED bollard and pathway lights include:
- Metal is a popular choice for outdoor lighting fixtures as it is durable, weather-resistant, and can be shaped into a variety of designs. Common metals used in the construction of LED bollard and pathway lights include aluminium, stainless steel, and brass. If you’re within 10 miles of the sea, opt for a coastal style to prevent the salt in the air damaging your lighting, or consider another material.
- Glass is often used in the construction of the diffuser or lens of LED bollard and pathway lights. It can be frosted or clear, and may be tinted to provide a specific lighting effect.
- Some LED bollard and pathway lights are made from plastic materials, such as polycarbonate or ABS. Plastic is lightweight, durable, and weather-resistant, and can be moulded into a variety of shapes and designs.
- LED bollard and pathway lights can also be made from wood, particularly for fixtures that are meant to blend in with a natural or rustic outdoor environment. Cedar, teak, and bamboo are popular wood choices for outdoor lighting fixtures, and they look great alongside patios.
The right choice of materials for LED bollard and pathway lights will depend on your specific outdoor lighting needs, the design of your property, and your personal preferences. By selecting high-quality materials that are durable and weather-resistant, you can ensure that your LED bollard and pathway lights will provide reliable and beautiful outdoor lighting for years to come.
What colours are LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights?
LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights are available in a range of colours, but tend to be relatively neutral in tone so that they blend into the environment. The most popular colours in our range include:
- Black: Black is a popular colour for LED bollard and pathway lights, as it is classic and versatile. It can blend in with the surrounding environment, or provide a strong contrast, depending on the design of the fixture and what is around it.
- Silver: Silver or metallic finishes are also common for LED bollard and pathway lights. They look modern and contemporary to match your outdoor lighting design.
- Bronze: Bronze finishes are particularly well-suited to rustic or traditional outdoor designs – if you prefer a worn-in, natural look in your garden, bronze can work well.
These aren’t the only colours available, and your choice will depend on your personal preferences and the design of your outdoor space.
What other features do LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights have?
Increasingly, LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights have additional features that can enhance their functionality and convenience. Some features you may find useful for your garden lighting:
- Dusk to dawn sensors: LED bollard and pathway lights with dusk to dawn sensors can automatically turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn, so you don’t need to remember to switch them on and off yourself.
- Motion sensors: LED bollard and pathway lights with motion sensors can detect movement in the surrounding area and turn on automatically. This means you get the light you need, when you need it, without the property being lit up throughout the night.
- Smart technology: Some LED bollard and pathway lights have smart technology features, such as the ability to be controlled via a smartphone app, or connecting to a home automation system. This allows you to control and customise your outdoor lighting to your preference.
- Dimming capabilities: Some LED bollard and pathway lights may have dimming capabilities, allowing you to adjust the brightness of the light to create the desired lighting effect. This can be via a switch on the light, or through an app on your phone.
The features you want on your LED bollard and pathway lights will depend on your space, and how often it needs to be lit up. The right functionality allows you to brighten up your space, with enhanced safety, security, and ambiance of your outdoor space.
Our final thoughts
LED bollard lights and LED pathway lights are an excellent choice for providing safe and reliable outdoor lighting. With a range of styles, materials, colours, and features to choose from, there is a perfect LED bollard or pathway light for every outdoor space. We have a wide selection of high-quality LED bollard and pathway lights in our range, backed by our Change Your Mind Guarantee, which means that if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of delivery. So why wait? Browse our selection of LED bollard and pathway lights today and find the perfect lighting solution for your outdoor space.