LED Floor Lamps
- 15% OffSpecial Price £330.65 Regular Price £389.00
LED floor lamps are a popular lighting solution for modern homes. They offer a number of benefits compared with traditional lamps, including energy efficiency, longer lifespan, and customisable lighting options. LED floor lamps are available in a variety of styles, materials, and colours, so it is easy to find one that complements your décor. However, with so many options available on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for your needs. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll take a closer look at LED floor lamps, their benefits, and how to choose the perfect one for your home.
What are LED floor lamps?
LED floor lamps are a type of lighting fixture that uses light emitting diodes (LEDs) as the light source. They are designed to provide functional lighting and add style to a room. LED floor lamps are available in a variety of styles, sizes, and colours to suit different preferences and design styles. They are a popular choice for many homes and businesses due to their energy efficiency, long lifespan, and low maintenance requirements. LED floor lamps are versatile and can be used for various lighting purposes, including ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
What are the benefits of using LED floor lamps?
LED floor lamps offer a range of benefits compared to traditional incandescent floor lamps. Some of the key advantages include:
- LED floor lamps use significantly less energy than traditional lamps, making them more cost effective and environmentally friendly.
- LED bulbs last longer than traditional bulbs, reducing the need for frequent replacement.
- LED floor lamps are available in a wide range of styles, colours, and shapes, allowing you to choose a lamp that fits your décor and lighting needs.
- Many LED floor lamps offer dimming and colour changing options, so you can adjust the brightness level to suit the atmosphere you want to create.
- LED floor lamps produce less heat than traditional lamps, reducing the risk of fire and making them safer to use around children and pets.
- LED floor lamps do not contain harmful substances, such as mercury, making them a more environmentally friendly lighting option.
Are LED floor lamps energy efficient?
Yes, LED floor lamps are energy efficient as they use LED bulbs that consume significantly less energy than traditional incandescent or halogen bulbs. LED bulbs can last up to 25 times longer than traditional bulbs and use up to 80% less energy, making them a cost effective and environmentally friendly lighting option. In addition, LED bulbs produce very little heat, which means that they are also safe to use and won’t contribute to any unnecessary heat build up in your home. Overall, LED floor lamps are an excellent choice for anyone looking for an energy efficient and sustainable lighting solution.
What different styles of décor do LED floor lamps work withs?
LED floor lamps come in a variety of styles to suit different interior design preferences. Some of the most popular styles that LED floor lamps work with include:
- Modern LED floor lamps are characterized by sleek, minimalist designs with clean lines and simple shapes. They are often made of metal or plastic and can feature adjustable arms or dimming capabilities.
- Traditional LED floor lamps often feature ornate detailing and classic shapes. They are typically made of wood or metal and may have a lampshade for a more diffused light.
- Industrial LED floor lamps have a rough and rugged appearance, often featuring metal or wood and raw finishes. They are often designed with a utilitarian look, with exposed bulbs or pipes.
- Art Deco LED floor lamps have a distinct geometric style, and typically feature brass or chrome finishes and bold, symmetrical shapes.
- Scandinavian LED floor lamps are known for their simple, clean lines and minimalist designs. They often feature natural materials like wood or paper, and may have adjustable arms for flexibility.
You’ll find our range of LED floor lamps has plenty of styles to suit almost every type of interior décor – browse our range today to find your perfect lamp.
What materials are LED floor lamps made from?
LED floor lamps are available in a variety of materials to suit different styles and preferences. Common materials include metal, wood, plastic, and glass. Metal LED floor lamps are popular for their durability and modern, sleek appearance while wooden LED floor lamps can add a natural and rustic touch to a room. Plastic LED floor lamps are lightweight and budget friendly. Glass LED floor lamps can be clear or frosted, and can come in different shapes and sizes.
Can LED floor lamps be dimmed?
Yes, many LED floor lamps are designed to be dimmable. This allows you to adjust the brightness to create the desired atmosphere and to save energy. Some LED floor lamps have a built in dimmer switch, while others can be connected to a separate dimmer switch or a smart home system for more control. It’s important to check the product specifications to see if the LED floor lamp you’re interested in is dimmable and what type of dimming mechanism it uses.
What height should an LED floor lamp be?
The height of an LED floor lamp depends on the intended use and the height of the surrounding furniture. For task lighting, such as reading, the lamp should be positioned so that the light falls onto the page or task area. A general rule of thumb is to place the bottom of the lampshade at eye level when seated. For ambient lighting, the lamp should be positioned at a lower height to create a soft and diffused glow. In terms of the height of the lamp itself, LED floor lamps typically range from around 4 to 6 feet tall, with adjustable options available for greater flexibility.
What type of bulb should be used in an LED floor lamp?
When choosing the bulbs for your LED floor lamp, it is important to consider both the brightness and colour temperature of the bulb. LED bulbs are recommended for their energy efficiency and longevity. A bulb with a brightness of 800-1100 lumens is ideal for most LED floor lamps, but you may want to go brighter or dimmer depending on the intended use of the lamp.
In terms of colour temperature, a warm white (2700K-3000K) or cool white (4000K-5000K) bulb is recommended. The warm white temperature creates a cosy, inviting atmosphere, while the cool white temperature provides bright, crisp lighting that is great for task oriented activities like reading or working.
Some LED floor lamps come with bulbs included, but it is always a good idea to double check the recommended bulb type and wattage before purchasing.
How are LED floor lamps powered?
LED floor lamps can be powered in several ways. Some LED floor lamps come with a power cord that needs to be plugged into a wall socket. Others may have rechargeable batteries built in, which means they can be moved around without the need for a power cord. Some LED floor lamps may also use solar power, making them an environmentally friendly option. Additionally, there are some LED floor lamps that use low voltage and are designed to be more energy efficient. The method of powering your LED floor lamp will depend on your preferences and the availability of power sources in your home.
What are the best colour temperatures for LED floor lamps?
The best colour temperatures for LED floor lamps depend on the intended use of the lamp. For a warm and cosy ambiance, a colour temperature of 2700K to 3000K is ideal. For a brighter light that is suitable for reading or working, a cooler temperature of 4000K to 5000K is recommended. However, your personal preference plays a significant role in choosing the right colour temperature. It’s best to test out different temperatures and see which one works best for your needs – and if you find the light you choose isn’t right for you, our Change Your Mind Guarantee means you can arrange an exchange or return within 30 days of your order being delivered.
Some LED floor lamps come with adjustable colour temperature settings, which can be a convenient feature if you want the flexibility to adjust the lighting as needed.
Can LED floor lamps be used for reading?
LED floor lamps are an excellent choice for reading due to their bright and focused light. Many LED floor lamps are designed with reading in mind, with adjustable heads and arms that can be positioned to shine the light exactly where it’s needed, and some LED floor lamps have built in dimming features that allow you to adjust the brightness of the light to your liking. LED floor lamps are also energy efficient and long lasting, making them a practical and cost effective option for avid readers who require a reliable source of light.
Are LED floor lamps adjustable?
LED floor lamps are often adjustable, allowing you to customise the direction and intensity of the light they provide. Many LED floor lamps have a flexible gooseneck or adjustable arm, which allows you to change the angle of the light to suit your needs. This can be particularly useful if you want to use the lamp for specific tasks, such as reading or working at a desk. Some LED floor lamps also have a dimmer function, which allows you to adjust the brightness of the light to create the desired ambiance. Having an adjustable LED floor lamp is a great way to add versatility to your lighting scheme and create different moods in a room.
Can LED floor lamps be used for ambient lighting?
LED floor lamps are perfect for ambient lighting, which means they are great for creating a cosy and relaxing atmosphere in a room. They come in a range of styles, from traditional to modern, and can feature different types of LED bulbs, such as warm white or cool white, to set the mood. Many LED floor lamps also come with adjustable brightness settings, making them ideal for creating a variety of different lighting effects. With their soft, gentle glow, LED floor lamps are perfect for creating a warm and inviting space to unwind after a long day.
LED floor lamps can be a great addition to a layered lighting scheme in any room. Layering lighting is the process of combining different types of lighting to create a balanced and visually appealing space. LED floor lamps can be used to provide ambient lighting in combination with ceiling lights and wall sconces, as well as task lighting for specific areas such as reading nooks or workspaces. By using LED floor lamps as part of a layered lighting scheme, you can create a more dynamic and versatile space that is well lit and visually interesting.
What styles of LED floor lamps are available?
LED floor lamps are available in a variety of styles to fit different interior design preferences. Some of the most popular styles of LED floor lamps:
- Modern and contemporary LED floor lamps often feature sleek, minimalist designs with clean lines and geometric shapes. They are typically made of materials such as metal, glass, or plastic, and are designed to blend in seamlessly with modern décor.
- Industrial style LED floor lamps are characterised by their rugged, utilitarian design. They often feature materials such as metal or wood and are designed to evoke the look and feel of a factory or workshop.
- Traditional style LED floor lamps often feature more ornate designs with intricate detailing and curved lines. They are often made of materials such as brass, bronze, or glass, and are designed to evoke a classic, timeless feel.
- Art Deco style LED floor lamps feature bold, geometric designs with a focus on symmetry and balance. They are often made of materials such as chrome, glass, or crystal, and are designed to evoke the glamour and luxury of the Art Deco era.
- Rustic style LED floor lamps often feature natural materials such as wood, stone, or rope. They are designed to evoke a cosy, cabin like feel and are often used in country style or cabin style décor.
While certain styles of floor lamps trend from time to time, the style of LED floor lamp should be one that you love, and suit the overall design of your room.
What materials are LED floor lamps made from?
LED floor lamps are available in a variety of materials, each offering unique benefits and style options. Materials that are popular with designers that are making LED floor lamps include:
- LED floor lamps made from metal are popular for their durability and sleek appearance. They can be made from various metals, including chrome, stainless steel, and brass.
- Wooden LED floor lamps can add a natural and warm touch to a room. They can be made from various woods, including oak, pine, and birch.
- LED floor lamps made from plastic are lightweight and affordable. They are available in a range of colours and styles.
- Glass LED floor lamps can offer a modern and elegant touch to a room. They can be clear, frosted, or textured, and can come in different shapes and sizes.
As designers play with different looks and materials, we see more materials being brought into all types of lighting, including LED floor lamps – so if you’re looking for a particular material, use the filters in our search to find the lamp that suits you best.
Can LED floor lamps be connected to smart home systems?
One of the most significant benefits of LED floor lamps is their compatibility with smart home systems. With the help of smart technology, you can control your LED floor lamps using voice commands, mobile apps, or smart home assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant.
To connect your LED floor lamp to a smart home system, you need to ensure that the lamp is compatible with your system’s protocol. Many LED floor lamps use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, which allows them to be controlled using mobile apps or smart home assistants.
Once your LED floor lamp is connected to your smart home system, you can control it using voice commands or through a mobile app. For example, you can turn the lamp on or off, adjust the brightness or colour temperature, and even set schedules or routines for the lamp to turn on or off automatically.
How should I choose an LED floor lamp for my home?
When choosing an LED floor lamp for your home, consider your lighting needs and personal style preferences. Think about the purpose of the lamp, whether it’s for reading, task lighting, or ambient lighting, and choose a lamp with the appropriate brightness level and colour temperature. Consider the size and design of the lamp and how it will fit into your room’s décor. Pay attention to the material and finish of the lamp, and make sure it’s durable and high quality. Also, consider features such as adjustable height, dimming capability, and smart home compatibility if these are important to you. With these factors in mind, you can choose an LED floor lamp that will suit your needs and enhance your home’s lighting design.
Our final thoughts
LED floor lamps are a versatile and stylish lighting option that can provide functional and ambient lighting to any room. With a range of styles, colours, and materials to choose from, there is an LED floor lamp to suit any taste and décor. At Lighting Direct, we offer a wide range of high quality LED floor lamps that are energy efficient, adjustable, and customisable to fit your specific needs. Plus, with our Change Your Mind Guarantee, you can shop with confidence knowing that you have the option to return or exchange your purchase within 30 days of delivery. So why wait? Browse our selection today and find the perfect LED floor lamp for your home.